Ignatian Training Courses
Training in Spiritual Direction and Accompaniment
This website is a meeting-place and a resource-point for a loose confederation of courses
training various forms of spiritual direction, accompaniment and conversation, and in personal
and spiritual development, inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola. It was set
up following a consultation held at Loyola Hall, 20-21 April 2010.
- Epiphany Group – Training Courses in Scotland
- The Epiphany Group exists not only to support current members practicing Ignatian spirituality in Scotland, but also to hand on this gift by training others who, in turn, will become guides, directors, supervisors, or tutors.
Our Training Course Co-ordinator, Alison Moody works with a team of tutors co-ordinating and presenting our well-established and progressive programme of training to groups in locations throughout Scotland, eg, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Inverness and Kirkcudbright (Galloway).
Each year, when numbers permit, the following courses may be offered in some of the above cities / towns:
When numbers permit, Spiritual Exercises Training is also offered to those who have trained as spiritual directors and who wish to learn to give the full Ignatian Spiritual Exercises.
- Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living
- Spiritual Conversation
- Spiritual Direction
- Ignatian Spirituality Centre
Ignatian Spirituality Course
- A Formation and Training in Spiritual Direction based on the Spiritual
Exercises (3 years, 1 day a week)
- Loyola Hall Training Programmes
- Spiritual Accompaniment Course I: 12th - 21st February 2014
On our well established introductory course participants are helped to reflect on their own life and prayer. Suggested offering: £610
Spiritual Accompaniment Course II: 5th - 18th March 2014
This course is for those who already have some training and experience of accompanying others in prayer (or perhaps counselling) and who wish to develop further skills in spiritual direction in the Ignatian tradition. It is a requirement that participants have made the full Exercises of St Ignatius, either in daily life, as a thirty day retreat or in stages of ten days. Suggested offering: £860
12 Week Training Programme: 6th January - 20th March 2014
The full training programme comprises:
For those who have already made the full Spiritual Exercises, it is possible to join the programme at the beginning of the first course in February.
- the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius as a thirty day individually guided retreat;
- the two Spiritual Accompaniment courses described above;
- a week of supervised prayer guiding.
Suggested offering for the 12 weeks: £4,150
or without the Spiritual Exercises: £2,250
- Manresa Link
- Manresa Link is an Ecumenical Ignatian Network in the West Midlands.
It fosters a person-to-person ministry and offers:
- Training for those wishing to be prayer guides;
- On-going training days;
- Individually-guided retreats in daily life;
- Quiet days for individuals and groups;
- (Nineteenth Annotation) The Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius in daily life;
- Support for those seeking on-going spiritual help.
Street Jesuit Centre
- St Bede’s Pastoral
Beuno’s Ignatian Spirituality Centre
- St Beuno’s offer a 10 week residential programme in retreat giving; also a 4-5 week
residential course on the Spiritual Exercises, and shorter residential seminars on the Exercises for
those involved in the ministry of retreat giving and spiritual guidance in the Ignatian tradition.
- North Wales