Ignatian Training Courses
Training in Spiritual Direction and Accompaniment
This website is a meeting-place and a resource-point for a loose confederation of courses
training various forms of spiritual direction, accompaniment and conversation, and in personal
and spiritual development, inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola. It was set
up following a consultation held at Loyola Hall, 20-21 April 2010.
- Epiphany Group – Training Courses in Scotland
- The Epiphany Group exists not only to support current members practicing Ignatian spirituality in Scotland, but also to hand on this gift by training others who, in turn, will become guides, directors, supervisors, or tutors.
Our Training Course Co-ordinator, Alison Moody works with a team of tutors co-ordinating and presenting our well-established and progressive programme of training to groups in locations throughout Scotland, eg, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Inverness and Kirkcudbright (Galloway).
Each year, when numbers permit, the following courses may be offered in some of the above cities / towns:
When numbers permit, Spiritual Exercises Training is also offered to those who have trained as spiritual directors and who wish to learn to give the full Ignatian Spiritual Exercises.
- Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living
- Spiritual Conversation
- Spiritual Direction
- Ignatian Spirituality Centre
Ignatian Spirituality Course
- A Formation and Training in Spiritual Direction based on the Spiritual
Exercises (3 years, 1 day a week)
- Manresa Link
- Manresa Link is an Ecumenical Ignatian Network in the West Midlands.
It fosters a person-to-person ministry and offers:
- Training for those wishing to be prayer guides;
- On-going training days;
- Individually-guided retreats in daily life;
- Quiet days for individuals and groups;
- (Nineteenth Annotation) The Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius in daily life;
- Support for those seeking on-going spiritual help.
Street Jesuit Centre
- St Bede’s Pastoral
Beuno’s Ignatian Spirituality Centre
- St Beuno’s offer a 10 week residential programme in retreat giving; also a 4-5 week
residential course on the Spiritual Exercises, and shorter residential seminars on the Exercises for
those involved in the ministry of retreat giving and spiritual guidance in the Ignatian tradition.
- North Wales